Monday, November 03, 2008

My New Pet Peeve



Okay, today was a breakthrough day. I have discovered my new pet peeve. My long standing peeve has always been and will always be slow people in the salad bar line. However, this ranks right up there.

Are you ready???? Okay, people who take the elevator to go down one floor about send my nerves through the roof! I mean, are you kidding me? Today, I was taking our elevator down to the lobby in our building on my way to work. I was a little late, so I was in a little bit of a hurry I suppose. I was the last one on and everyone was going down to the lobby as well. So, the elevator starts moving and stops on the 1st floor.

Okay, I'm processing that the button was not pushed while I was in the elevator, so it was clearly someone getting on, rather than getting off. Two things popped into my head: 1) either this person better be on crutches or old, or 2) going down to the lower garage level.

A lovely little lady gets on the elevator. Hmmmmm, she appears healthy.....totally fit for walking down a flight of stairs.......yes, she must be going to the garage level. Sure shootin', wouldn't you know it that the hag got off on the lobby level?

What the hell? The stairwell is right next to the elevator, and Miss Princess decides that she needs to stop the elevator full of people because she needs to go down one floor. The nerve! ;) It just kind of speaks volumes about our society though. Everyone's always looking for the easy way out. Or we are looking for ways to just be plain ol' laaaaaaaaaaazy.

Do I always take the stairs? Ummmm, no. But, I sure as hell would not be caught dead taking an elevator one floor..........how embarrassing!

What do you guys think? Am I just crazy?

1 comment:

  1. Well...at least they're getting on the elevator. My new pet peeve is when those 1st floor f*ckers press the button and then take the stairs! WTF?!?!

    ReplyDelete